When downloading and installing Miranda-IM, some protocolls and plugins come as standard to have you instantly up and going.
One very good thing about Miranda, is that it does not really install to your PC. Rather, it is copied to a location of your choice, allowing you to have it on a USB MemoryStick or even a floppy disk to easily use it on several computers.
The installer creates a folder for itself where it creates the executable, the database-file, and a sub-folder for the standard (and future) plugins. (Folders are bolded to enhance ease of reading.)
- your databasefile (.dat) will also be stored here
- AIM.dll With support for AOL-users
- chat.dll This is a service plugin and provides a group chat interface
- clist_classic.dll As of version 0.4.x, the clist have been "outsourced" into a separate plugin
- GG.dll With support for AOL-users
- ICQ.dll With support for ICQ-users
- IRC.dll With support for IRC-users
- jabber.dll With support for Jabber-users
- msn.dll With support for MSN-users
- SRMM.dll This is a basic SRMM-plugin that provides the chat window
- Yahoo.dll With support for Yahoo!-IM users
You will now be ready to customise Miranda with plugins, sounds, icons and more by going to the Miranda Downloads section.